|Back | Print | Bookmark
Ten Top Tips to Support Regular Discharge Mode Times
How to Give Your Body a Routine Break to Discharge
So that your body can detox routinely, use the following ways
to "give it a break" and put your body in discharge mode:
1. Avoid eating in the 2 - 3 hour time period just before bed. Your body goes on a discharge cycle while you sleep,
and if you've eaten, you've interfered with that cycle because you are requiring it to assimilate, a function it
has a hard time doing during sleep.
2. Add down time to your schedule. While you rest, recuperate, read that novel, watch that sunset, your body can
catch up with some cleaning chores.
3. Slowly, constantly diminish your intake of things that gunk up your body: white sugar, refined foods of any kind
including white bread and pastas, heavy intake of dairy, alcohol, coffee, trans fats such as those found in
margarine and fast foods, especially those that are fried.
4. Increase your intake of real, organic fruits and vegetables (but not the canned ones with all the heavy syrup
5. Including some juices is fine, but first, read the labels and avoid those with chemicals of any kind or high
fructose corn syrup. Best of all, make your own juices.
6. Cook your vegetables less; steam them lightly.
7. If you are a woman, your body naturally goes on a discharge cycle. during your period. Take advantage of that
time to eat more lightly. If you are a man, you can plan regular intervals to eat more lightly.
8. The times all bodies -male or female - naturally want to discharge are the 7 days immediately before the two
solstices and equinoxes. Get out your calendar now and mark those days "detox time."
9. Elson Haas, M.D., author of The Detox Diet, says that for most Westerners, switching your diet to fruits,
vegetables, rice and a protein source will allow your body to start playing catch-up with its cleaning chores and
allow you to continue your regular daily schedule.
10. Undertake more intensive cleansing programs, including fasting, only under the care of a knowledgeable health
care practitioner. Check with her or him to help you assess what your body can currently tolerate.
Why? Because you can't safely go from a state of nutritional inadequacy, heavy toxicity and severe medical diseases
to maximum discharge mode without causing more problems. Do what is best for you, with your unique body in your
Pamela Levin, R.N.
December 19, 2011
Does this article spark any topics you'd
like to see covered?
If so, suggest them
to Better Health
Bytes NEWSLETTER so you'll know when your topic is
We HATE SPAM and respect your email
By letting us know what you're intererested in,
you help shape health improvement
content that can empower a large number of people, so
we encourage you to let us
know what you'd like covered.
Note: We do not make
recommendations based on any individual's specific health situation.We
offer general information beneficial to anyone with health
concerns. We cannot guarantee an answer to every question or request.
Tags: 2 day detox healthy detox detox food cranberry juice detox 21 day detox raw food detox cleanse your body
↑ Back to Top